When you click you’ll be taken to Scholarship America®, where you’ll submit your application.
Applicants to The Takeoff Scholarship Program must:
- Self-identify as one of the following underserved groups:
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latino
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an eligible four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year
- Be current college undergraduates who have completed at least 24 credits at the time of application
- Be pursuing a degree AND career in one of the following areas:
- Building Science
- Construction Management or Construction Engineering
- Entrepreneurship (with Building Supply, Construction Trade, or Homebuilding focus)
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year
Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and plan to enroll at one of the following schools in order to be considered:
- Alabama A&M
- Auburn University
- Tuskegee University
- University of Alabama
- Kennesaw State University
- Georgia Southern University
- Morgan State University
- Appalachian State University
- East Carolina University
- North Carolina A & T
- North Carlina State University
- University of North Carolina – Charlotte
- Western Carolina University
- Clemson University
- Christian Brothers University
- Middle Tennessee State University
- University of Tennessee
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Statement of goals and aspirations
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An online recommendation
Financial need will be considered. Recipients must demonstrate need.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does the Sponsor(s) play a part in the selection. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $10,000 award. Up to two (2) awards will be granted for each cycle (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022). All awards will be paid out in August 2022 and December 2022.
Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Recipients may receive mentorship and networking opportunities as determined by Sponsor.
Fall cycle recipients will be notified in January. Non-recipients will be notified in early February.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of all sponsors and donors. Payments for both the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 cycles are made in two installments in early August and mid-December.
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A copy of the most recently filed 1040 Tax Form.
One online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf no later than May 19, 2022 3:00 pm CT.
Your application is not complete unless all required materials are submitted electronically.